[Dailydrool] overweight bassets

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Mon Jan 26 12:32:12 PST 2009

I have a couple of Bassets that I have to work at keeping trim, couch potatoes that they are. I got old Maggie down 10 lbs in the past year.  I am also working a trimming down one of my Dachshunds.   Green beans in dinner bowls, carrots and apples for treats, things like that.
I have also teased my mother about her pug/sharpei mix that could lose a couple of lbs.

Imagine my horror at reading this article about overweight dogs being seized from their owner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4331467/Fat-dogs-seized-by-RSPCA.html

knowing how we all love to spoil our best friends with extra tidbits I thought I'd pass the
article along and considering the cold and the snow this last month if anyone has some other helpful
tips on keeping our Bassets relativly slim and trim.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
http://www.geocities.com/clubbasset/index.html
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/