[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - My Squirrelly Day

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Tue Jan 27 12:28:16 PST 2009

It's me again - Norm!

Today was the nicest weather we have had here in southeast Michigan for a
long time.  It was a balmy 25 degrees and Mom kicked us all outside for a
while today.  She said we needed to *blow off some steam* but the only steam
I saw was from us breathing.  But anyway - we were outside, sniffing around
the yard, checking for poopsicles that Dad had missed, Johnny was looking
for sticks buried in the snow, Opie was looking for snowballs buried in the
snow, and I was watching the squirrels.  Well, I must have been standing
really still and one of the squirrels must of thought I was a statue or
something.  That silly squirrel came right down the tree, ran around the
tree trunk and hopped to the ground right in front of my nose.  So, I
thought, hmmm - maybe he wants to play.  I wagged my tail.  He wagged his
tail.  I wiggled my nose.  He wiggled his nose.  I twitched my whiskers.  He
twitched his whiskers.  I barked!  Oh my goodness, I thought I was going to
be wearing one of those squirrel hats with a long tail.  That squirrel
jumped straight up into the air!  I thought he had a heart attack or
something.  Anyway, he called his brothers over to the tree and they all
started jumping around, playing tag and having fun.  Dang - those guys are
fast.  We tried to play tag with them, but they cheat!  They go up in the
trees.  Since we had such fun, I decided that my poem of the week should be
about our playmates, the squirrels.  Hope you like it!

Squirrels

Squirrels

Playing tag

Leaping from tree to tree

Teasing us

Playmates

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys