[Dailydrool] puppy exercise

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 16:50:31 PST 2009

OK, I think that I am offically certifiable in the Basset area now....I have laughed and laughed with some of the antics of the bassets in this Drool family.  After being home on a snow day today I see a little more clearly why my dear hubby is ssooo glad to see me each afternoon (and it is not about fixing supper), at 12 weeks Holly is so busy! Here is a little poem about my new challenge of getting dressed in the morning with buppy help.  Sorry if I have shared this before....bear with me....I think I have bassett buppy brain...

PUPPY PILATES or Who Needs Pilates when a Buppy You've Got"ese"?

It's bending and stretching and pulling I go, wherever I'm off to I move really slow...
For there's a dog on my pant leg, be it right one or left...I've no need for ankle weights to give me more heft.
I need no equipment to help lift my feet, as the chasing begins and she my socks tries to eat.
This morning as once more my pants I apply, I lifted my legs straight to the sky...and rolled on my back with both legs in the air but then she began to chew on my hair!
I waved my arms but to my dismay, my set of bat wings are then on display!
All that flapping and flopping attractes her attention...so, I pick her up...it's a buppy I'm benchin.
My doctor tells me a workout is fine for my aching bones and my aging mind...but on a budget this grandma does live..BUT now to a health club I'll not have to give.
For a full body workout is given to me, each morning at home by my buppy for FREE!

Maggie Honnold
Honnold's Hound and Furkitty Farm
(Now covered with 10 inches on snow)