[Dailydrool] making the world smaller

nancy cohen.nancy at verizon.net
Wed Jan 28 17:58:56 PST 2009

both marty and i turned 60 this year....2 days apart, and we celebrated
by taking a trip to hawaii......i had contacted val brewer who i knew
lived in hawaii, and as luck would have it we made plans to meet on
saturday......well friday was my birthday, and i was a little teary all
day, i missed my dogs, it was a big birthday , and i had just finished a
wonderful book that left me with a "happy cry".....the book was called,
the art of racing in the rain, by garth  stein.....very good and written
from a dogs (not basset) point of view......so saturday morning we drive
up a beautiful mountain to meet val and her dogs at her house.......what
a welcome.......we had never met, just emailed a few times on the drool,
and it was like we were old friends or family.....i am over all the
sadness....i think it was all the stuff all at once, but the point was,
that the world IS small, and my world of droolers has made this
possible.....and it was a pleasure spending time with Val,  Harley and
Bo..... here is a picture of  hershey and einstein in their new hawaiin
leis, skillfully crafted by Val as an Aloha gift, mahalo Val.  Bo and
Harley are such wonderful dogs.....Harley cracked me up because i had a
box of dog cookies on a table near me, and he just sat there staring at
the box, as if he was in possession of special powers to make cookies
jump out of the box......i got my basset fix alright, kisses, paws,
tricks and all......nancy, hershey and einstein who could have gone on a
real vacation for what the kennel cost  LOL, but they had fun with Dave
at the kennel, came home happy, smelling good and with short nails and
shiny coats

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KT187bk8_Kw0tMr4NaifgQ?authkey=qz6XpC0YJ6M&feat=directlink