[Dailydrool] We Have Power--finally!

froggie0310 at bellsouth.net froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 31 14:37:01 PST 2009

The Hoptown Bassets and guest dogs were without power for just three days (Wed-Fri) but that was long enough for us!  Thank goodness we have gas logs in our fireplace and a propane BBQ grill--otherwise we'd have been up a creek.  Sure, we had to grill waffles for breakfast (hmm....why do these things taste like porkchops, Mom?) but all is well now.  We live in the city--county residents fared much worse.  They have a 10 day wait for power.  I am actually in south Florida at the moment (had to leave the Soldier Daddy home in the dark with the kids and 3 of the hounds--the others went to the kennel) to attend a funeral, but I am not enjoying any warmer weather.  It's freezing down here!

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 3
Murphy, Jeremiah and Twinkie, plus Ginger, Flappers and Buster Fat Boy