[Dailydrool] Calm

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 4 14:35:18 PDT 2009

I just love bassets.  They keep me from blowing a gasket.  I'm sure my blood pressure is higher than normal this week.  One child has gotten into trouble with the car  and the law and one has  moved back home so he can start on a new adventure.  Of course, he hasn't got everything done to go on said adventure so he is upset and we are upset.   We are trying to help and are somehow the bad guys.   Bassets make things better.  Giving belly rubs and back scratches really is calming.  They love no matter what.  Even if I yell, they still love.  And boy have I felt like yelling.  I still do.

Ninja is keeping me cool.  She has decided I am ok again so she is my shadow.  Maggie is sleeping on the Dadslave's foot.  She is always a cuddler.

Shelby slept in today.  So did the boy.  No surprise there.  At one point we went on a Shelby hunt.  Dadslave was afraid she had been left outside.  Sometimes she is very lethargic.  She's entitled, though.  At her age sleeping a lot is a good thing.  And no matter how much sleeping gets done, she never ever misses a meal.  She has radar about those things.

I started this yesterday and got aggravated so I shelved it.  It has rained a bunch today.  And of course, Maggie just came in and galloped into my lap, mud, water and all.  Now I smell like wet dog.  My favorite fragrance.  Ninja is trying to bathe me in drool at the moment.  The neighbors are shooting off a few fireworks and no one here is thrilled.  Maggie is especially worried.

Happy fourth to everyone.   We are sending don't be afraid of fireworks drool.  Ninja is on high production for some reason.

>From Ninja-I's drooolin cause I downt like the loud boomies and dere is chickun cookin in da skiwet.  Wonder if I can turn it ober.

Marley-I sweepin in da Dad's wap sos he wone be afraid ob da boomies.

Maggie-Done wike storms. Done wike boomies.  Done wike loud peeps eider.  I gets esited and crazy.

Shelby-I sweepy.  Think I'll jus take a nap.  Wut's all da boomies eberyone talkin bout?  I done hear anythin.  An jus a liddle note to Brudder Elwood--- Be nice to da Clara sister.  She lib a long time.  She tired.  Eben if she is kindA smelly sometimes.  Old kinda smells.  Momma says I stinky.  I needs a baf.  I done wants won.  be kin to old wadies.  Someday u might need dere help.

and the mom