[Dailydrool] rocks

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 07:09:44 PDT 2009

Dear Debbie and Brudder Elwood,
As a hound who has once eaten an entire rock, Watson is sending lots and
lots of drool for Brudder Elwood.

Watson was not lucky enough to pass his rock - but he tried his best.
Eventually it was rooted out of his small intestine after one of those
weekend early morning emergency vet visits. We are hopeful that Elwood does
not have the same fate as Watson. I knew something was wrong when Watson
refused to eat popcorn treats from visitors or even his delicious dinner
that evening, but it wasn't until he went outside and hid in the very back
of the yard and howled uncontrollably that I knew we were in trouble. Try to
keep the Brudder hydrated and watch him closely. I know you're a houndie
expert, but as someone who has tried to wait until morning only to end up at
the emergency vet at  5 am on a Sunday, I would suggest taking the Brudder
in today if there are any signes of lathargy or pain in his belly. We almost
lost Watson that night, and I would hate for somone else to have to go
through that. By the time we got to the vet, Watson's gums were purple and
he was so dehydrated that they couldn't even take x-rays until he
stabilized.

We send massive amounts of drool that the Brudders rock is smaller and
smoother than Watson's rock (which I was given in a plastic baggie as a
suvenior).

Love and Drool to the Brudder and all who need it.

Katie and Watson (eat poop next time Brudder!!! - mommas don't take you to
the vet for that!)