[Dailydrool] Found Dog in VT---Not a bassett

Mary Chase bailey566 at juno.com
Sat Jul 4 13:31:57 PDT 2009

Today we picked up a Shepherd (maybe some husky list)has a rolled leather color with brass fittings - similar to what they sell at horse shows for dogs--- on interstate 91 south of exit 8 in Vermont.  There was another older looking female sheperd, but between us and a women from CT we were unable to get a hold of her.  I know there are lists that one can post on to re-unite dogs with their owners.  We turned her in to ACO in Ascutney VT with money for her boarding (they don't have a shelter) and my card to call if she is unclaimed.  I took a couple pictures on my cell phone, but would like to email around to help find her family (if she had one...guess theirs a BYB in the area that just turns dogs loose on the interstate, but they have been unable to prove it).  We found her around 8 a.m. and turned her in at 2:30 this afternoon - she hung out with us as we went into Northern NH to visit my brother in law.  She was awesome in the car, loved everyone she met at the parade in Woodsville, barked at other dogs when she was in the car, but was fine when she was outside.

Thanks
Mary Chase
Fitzwilliam NH