[Dailydrool] Ow. Olive

mjdgwd at juno.com mjdgwd at juno.com
Sun Jul 5 08:51:37 PDT 2009

Let me start out by saying Olive is just fine!  That being said, however, she scared the pants off of us yesterday - a 4th of July to remember!  She's had a growth in her mouth for a couple of months.  We were back and forth with the vet about getting it removed because of her age (14) and some blood tests that showed some abnormalities.  After the last test we did schedule surgery for this coming Tuesday.  Yesterday around noon what I was worried about happened. The cyst started bleeding and wouldn't stop.  Fortunately the emergency clinic is only 20 minutes away, and by 4:00 she was in surgery.  By 5:00 she was awake, the cyst was gone, her teeth had been cleaned and by 7:00 we were on the way home - after she stopped in the parking lot to crunch up a big milk bone that someone had dropped.  We'll get the report on the cyst later, but for now that's the least of my worries.  She may have to miss Slobberfest -- forecasts are for hot,hot 90+ degrees, but we'll see about that later in the week.  She's a tough little chickie - we should all be so lucky!

Marilyn