[Dailydrool] Calendar 06 July

Diana Grove dianaegrove at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 03:02:37 PDT 2009

Today's calendar girl is our Lucy.  Ten years old and still feisty!  Recently had two holidaying bassets for a fortnight, one nine months old.  She played and played.  The greatest toy of all was a cardboard roll and the best fun was one on each end ...

She was such a brat when we got her at 10 months old - she had been kept outside in a back garden.  Takes Valium and Phenobarb for epilepsy - and the fits have gone from more than one a week to one every few months.  She's prone to fatty lumps - she's already had two surgeries to remove them, and it looks like another one is due soon.  We're putting it off because one lump is half way up her tail and if there isn't enough skin left, the vet will have to amputate.

I remember when she chewed anything she could, now she picks coat pockets and eats Kleenex!

Gotta love that girl

Diana

Dublin, Ireland