[Dailydrool] "dry eye"

hollypatrick at aol.com hollypatrick at aol.com
Mon Jul 6 08:29:29 PDT 2009

Last week we found out our 10+ year old Basset Benjamin has "dry eye" and we were given drops and ointment for it. The ointment is a type of bacitracin and I'm not sure what the drops are (I don't have them with me). Anyway, the good news is his eyes are less red and irritated and the infection is gone.

The problem is that what I think is the third eyelid now gets in the way and it is as if he is blind. When he opens his eyes and you look at him dead on all you see is light pink (3rd eyelid?) Sometimes you can see his eye balls but only a slit at the top. He is coping with this change but we are concerned. The opthamologist's office is closed today and I've left a message to schedule an appointment. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had this problem and if it will go away.

Thank you in advance!

Holly Patrick