[Dailydrool] Corneal Edema meds -- check Costco too

Susan Randolph msrandolph at verizon.net
Thu Jul 9 19:16:05 PDT 2009

My Toby suffers from corneal edema also, though thankfully has has never
developed the ulcers. His ophthalmologist sent me to Costco for his Muro
128, and the cost was less than half of what I paid at Target (plus Costco
carries the generic equivalent -- same great ointment at much reduced
price). No prescription is actually required, and the ointment does do a
better job than the drops of lubricating the eye without any stinging.

My big boy's vision is sadly declining more rapidly now, but he does not
appear to be in any discomfort. He hasn't started bumping into any walls,
but he can't see down stairs at all (he's not allowed to do any but he used
to try).

As for Toby, I'm waiting on his latest bloodwork to see how his kidney's are
functioning... and I'm NOT good at waiting. He's still drinking (and peeing)
like a madman but back to eating normally, so we're continuing the
antibiotics until we get the blood results and have some idea whether it's a
bad infection or stricly speaking chronic kidney failure.

Sending healing drool to all who need it (Toby seems to have an abundant
supply with all the drinking he's been doing).

Drool on,

Susan (slave to Tobster and Daisy)