[Dailydrool] Amanda Lynn - Calendar girl!

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 12 05:56:00 PDT 2009

Today Amanda Lynn Burns is the Drool Calendar girl!  Quite fitting, as it is
her Gotcha Day as well.

We have always felt her arrival into the Burns' household was a product of
Divine Intervention...  The story remains so amazing to us - that I wanted
to share it with you all again.   Here is my Drool post the morning after
she was found.

------
Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:48 AM --
As many of you know, after 7 years of robust health, we lost our beloved Bob
Burns on June 23rd.  This was slightly over a year after losing our
"first-born" Samantha Sue.

The silence in the Burns' household has been positively deafening - the
first time in almost 13 years that the sound of basset nails could not be
heard.   We had a short vacation planned for this weekend, and I was set to
start combing the rescue sites upon our return.

Yesterday, about 9:00am  -  as I was just coming out of the shower - I heard
someone enter the house.  It was my husband Fred, who yelled at me to come
to the kitchen.

As I rounded the corner I spotted a freckled little nose attached to some
incredibly LONG ears....

On his drive to work - a mere 2 tenths of a mile from the house -- Fred just
happened to notice a utility truck in a parking lot with the guys taking a
break.  He also noticed a skinny little tri-color basset - with no collar -
mooching food.

After making several inquiries, Amanda Lynn <I know, I know - Fred came up
with the middle name!!>  was at the vetman's office.

The little lady is positively emaciated - only 32 pounds!  She was literally
COVERED with ticks and in heat.  Doc figures her to be about a year and a
half old, based upon her teeth, but she appears to be much younger.  (We
have since concluded that she was 6 or 7 months old - in her first heat)
She has hookworms, ear mites, a minor eye infection and, although, not
completely out of the water, appears to be negative for heartworms, Lyme's
and Ehrlichia.

Amanda has the disposition of an angel!  After having blood drawn, stool
sample taken, ears cleaned, eyes stained, and having well over a 100 ticks
removed from her - plus being pilled, emulsion shot down her throat and
several injections - she never got cranky, her tail kept waggin' and she was
giving "sugar" to everyone.

If you think about how perfect the timing had to be for Fred to have run
across her when he did - you HAVE to believe in miracles!!

Oh yeah - we cancelled that vacation...
______

Marilyn Burns