[Dailydrool] What temperature is ok for dogs?

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 07:59:53 PDT 2009

Reading all these posts about leaving dogs in hot cars brought to mind another question...what temperature in a home is ok for a dog?? What I mean by this is:? I'm at work all day and, in the summer, I often wonder what temperature I need to leave my central air set at for Fred and Annie.? I'd like to set it as high as possible to save money, but want to make sure that they won't be too hot while I'm gone.? My entire living room is lined with sliding glass doors, and at about 3 pm the sun shines in and the room gets pretty warm.? I don't like leaving the curtains shut though, because I know that Fred and Annie like to look outside (and bark and growl at everyone who comes within a half mile of their house!)? I was leaving it set at 73, but many nights I'd come home and think that it was actually kind of cold.? Today I'm upping it to 74...

Rose, Annie and Fred