[Dailydrool] curiosity about basset geographic distribution

Aryeh Meir ameir at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 13 08:39:16 PDT 2009

there have been comments on the list, the gist of which that some
areas are seemingly overrun by bassets.

Here on the west coast of canada bassets are also most as rare as
teeth on a hen.

My charlotte(a 7 month old open red) turns heads where ever she
goes.  Lots of people don't know her breed, lots of other think she's
some kind of dachshund, and those that recognize a basset have hardly
ever seen one in real life.

I have yet to see a basset in need of rescue locally( though i've
only been looking for a short while).

So i'm wondering ... where are bassets thick on the ground?  what
states are overrun by our favourite hound?