[Dailydrool] Elwood & Seniors

Jessica Shiepko jesspic5 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 11:58:14 PDT 2009

Brianna here:  Elwood, Lily is producing lots n lots of drool (Tiffany and I are not too into drooling, but we'll try to muster some up).  But you really shouldn't eat rocks.  Besides they are ouchie, there is no embarrassment factor!  Eat something that will turn the slaves pink when they have to tell the vet.  A few years ago I decided to climb up on the toilet bowl and steal a (new) tampon out of a box.  I took it to the bedroom, and proceeded to unwrap it and eat the wrapper.  Then I chewed on the cardboard.  When the mom came out of the shower she saw me on the bed, surrounded by cardboard, with a string sticking out of my mouth.  Before she could get out the "drop it" I swallowed!!!  She was sooooo embarassed to have to call the vet and explain, she tried to not give her name or my breed (I was the only basset they saw and she worked there), but was forced to.  So, Elwood, if you MUST eat something you're not supposed to (which we hope
 you won't), eat something to turn mommy pink.

Feel better Elwood,
Brianna

Senior bassets:  While we are looking forward to our houndies living to a ripe old age, we know that in all probability one or two might go to the bridge before we move again.  The he-slave wants a puppy, I am SO DONE with puppy antics, they're cute, but HARD WORK!!!!  Even though we've been out of 'puppy-ness' for a few years, and I do have many happy memories, I don't want a puppy.  So we decided, one puppy, one senior.  I want an old cuddly hound with a droopy gray face.  I'd love one now and if we were in a position to I'd take in an old man.  Bassets are so rare out here that people will stop their cars when I'm walking the girls and ask if I breed them.  I've had people say that I could've made a lot of money breeding the girls (I REALLY try to not bite their heads off).  I wish I could take some of those hounds in hound-saturated areas...wishful thinking.

Finally, lots and lots of no "C" drool to Newman D.  Good luck!!!!

Jessica w/ Brianna, Tiffany, Lily, and the 4felines.

Take a peek at our hound-a-licious bassets & 4felines.  Brianna http://www.dogster.com/?89632 Smug http://www.catster.com/?91011 (with links to Carter, Snowball III, and Patches) Tiffany  http://www.dogster.com/?260467 Lily http://www.dogster.com/?260476