[Dailydrool] Miss Teeka Kitty ATB 7/15/09

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sun Jul 19 22:19:34 PDT 2009

Miss Teeka came into our lives a little over a year ago when I decided that it was time to bring a rescue kitty into our home.  Originally I went to Spunky's Rescue Ranch with just Gregor in mind.  Fate has a way of stepping in and this time brought Teeka.  She was a petite, lithe little Russian Blue with beautiful, big, expressive green eyes. She moved with a fluid grace.  I knew beyond any doubt when she rolled over for a belly rub that she just had to have some basset in her.   After a few minutes of watching her and then loving on her I knew that Teeka had her forever home here on earth.  So our journey began as I drove home with both Teeka and Gregor.

Introducing Teeka to the gang was a dream.  She walked out of her carrier and immediately introduced herself while she loved up each family member.  Teeka had a way of capturing hearts and nothing ever seemed to faze her.  She was slimed with rivers of drools throughout her time.  If anyone would ever chase her she would walk up to them and rub up against them.  When one of the kidz was not feeling well she would lay beside them always alert to their needs or pain and provide comfort in her special kitty way.  Teeka had a ritual every night where she would gently wash the furkidz faces and ear flaps.  Teeka would play with Cuddles, our guinea pig while he was in his cage.  She would put her paw in the cage and  Cuddles would nibble her paw followed immediately by the GP 500 loop.   At times Cuddles would even drag pieces of his lettuce to the side of the cage to share with her.  If Cuddles were out of his cage being held she would
 gently wash his face.  Never once did she try to harm him even though she was a true hunter.  She always loved her belly rubs and ear scritches just like her Brudders and Sisters.  Late at night Teeka would wake me up for our "special"  time of loving.  This became a ritual that will be truly missed.

At  6pm our Little Miss Teeka journeyed on to the bridge.  She lost her battle with an aggressive form of liver cancer at the tender age of 2 1/2.  Though she was not a drooler she was Sister, Nursemaid and second Momma to all The Dog House Gang.  She slipped peacefully into a coma while napping with me today and I held her as she left my world feeling my heart once again break in two.  I know that Tucker was waiting for her to arrive with big open paws and a bucket of drool.  I will see you my sweet tiny girl but until then I will hold your memory close.  I am honored and blessed to have been your Momma.  You are Forever Loved, Forever Cherished and Forever In My Heart.

I love You My Teeka Little Teeky Tee Tee
Momma Karen and The Dog House Gang