[Dailydrool] a good dog food

cara witkowski cara_witkowski at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 18:23:23 PDT 2009

I have had very good success with Newman's Own Dogfood.   My vet says my basset Gertie has the best coat she has ever seen.  It is not carried by many stores, but www.smarkpak.com sells it on the internet, and charges only $7.95 shipping no matter how much you order.  They also have a senior formula.  It is very small kibbles, chicken and rice, and no corn.  Lots of good things in it, including probiotics for digestion.  When I got Gertie she was severely overweight, and I put her on the green bean diet, of 1 cup Newman's own, and 1 cup cooked green beans (I cook it in a low sodium chicken broth for taste).  I also increased her walks, and  she went from 72 to 56 pounds this past year and is in great shape.  Cara, owned by Gertie and fostering Duke and Roxy for GABR.