[Dailydrool] need produce protection

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Fri Jul 24 09:40:40 PDT 2009

anybody out there in the land of drool got ideas on how to keep an idiot basset out of tomatoes?

buster is addicted.  yup.  he needs his very own 15 step program (12 ain't enough!)  he has climbed over the planters, thru the planters, onto the table, teetered on the fence railing, etc...to get at the maters.   it was bad enough when he stole the ripe one but now he is grabbing the green ones.

i catch him coming into the house crunching away on them like they are filet ignon.  i have found them hidden in the sofa and the bed and now under a bookcase.  he was obsessing about the bookcase so i had to move it to see what was under there and instead of a milkbone i find a tomato.

now i KNOW THE BOY AIN:"T RIGHT....but...bitter apple isn't working.  he likes tabasco, fencing?  its 4 planters on a tiny raised.deck that lead to a tiny back yard....already there is only about 16" of space to walk thru to pass by...and i rent too...i like my tomatoes...otherwise i wouldn't grow them...but i would like to have some for myself too.

oh and last october when there were none the damn fool uprooted the plants and dropped them at my feet with a look of total disgust on his face.

HELP!

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.  Bertrand Russell