[Dailydrool] Cooking for Artie

Ellie Foth slave2thepaw at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 19:59:31 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Artie loves his home cookin'.  Artie is eating all his food plus he is back to doing his 'Feed Me' dance while I am getting the feedings ready.  All I have been doing is mixing 2 heaping tablespoons of home made slop in with his kibble and Artie is back to licking his bowl clean.

I have received a few recipes to make for Artie.  Thanks to everyone who sent me your favorite houndy recipes.  I have decided that once all the canned food is done I will start to give all the hounds some home cooked slop mixed with their kibble.

I have dug out the big ole slow cooker, went out and bought a bunch of plastic containers to freeze the slop.  Heck today the HeSlave and I went out pricing freezers to store all the chicken/beef/veggies I buy and to store the little plastic containers filled with slop.

The HeSlave can not believe that I am actually cooking for the hounds because I DO NOT cook!  I work 2nd shift so I am not home to cook dinner.  The HeSlave usually eats over my Mom's house, she lives next door to us.  So on a work night I either eat take out or bring a frozen dinner, on my days off we eat out.

I thought Pw Miss Minnie (ATB) had me trained when she had me running out buying tuna for her kibble but Artie really knows how to train a slave.  After 16 years of  being owned by a basset hound I am still being trained.  Are you reading this Pw. Ms Brandy??

Take care,
Ellie and Her Hounds Artie, Ballzie, Thelma Lu and Milly