[Dailydrool] Miss Angela is back

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sun Jul 26 17:36:22 PDT 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Things have returned to relative normalcy here.  Bill is recovering nicely from the exhaustion, jet lag and respiratory sludge involved in flying halfway around the world.  The Indonesia visit was great and I was in the Hong Kong airport when the bombings in Jakarta occurred.  All the people I met were super friendly.

Miss Angela stayed with her Uncle Chris, Lucille the doberman (named after BB King's guitar) and Ella the bipolar dalmation.  They went on long walks every day to a nearby park plus lots of running around in Chris's big yard, so Angie got lots of exercise.  At the time that she was ordered onto a diet by Dr.
Cathy, she weighed 58.5.  I had her down to 54.8 when I took her over to Chris' house and when I picked her up, she was under 51 pounds.  The goal is 48, according to Dr Cathy.  We'll see.  It is supposed to be a 10 week process.

Now things are returning to normal.  We walk about 1 3/4 miles most mornings, take a morning and afternoon nap and visit with the neighbors.  We also went over to a nearby lake where Uncle Don and his sons and grandkids were camped out.  Angela wandered widely, exploring the area, wading in the shallow water, lurking near food and napping in the shade.  Next week, she will meet Uncle Don's new kitten O'Malley.  That should be interesting.

Don't tell Angela that I've been invited to spend a week at a cabin in the Arizona mountains in August.  I'll have to negotiate that with Chris and, of course, my employer.  We'll see how that goes.

Bill (Jet lag SUCKS)
Angela (Suck it up, whiner)