[Dailydrool] Ear Infection - Need advice

Kea McKnight caper579 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 07:34:41 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I need some advice about my poor baby's ears. Copper, my 4 year old basset boy, has been dealing with ear infections in both ears for over a month and a half now. We have been to the vet for this 3 times. Two different antibiotic ear drops and an anti-inflammatory later, and he is still digging at his ears and crying. They seem to improve briefly and then get bad again. Waht surprises me the most is that he has never hav a problem with his ears, it has always been his 2 year old sister Abby that has had ear issues. I even tried the Blue Power Ear Treatment (is it possible that this may have caused an inflammation in his ears). At the last vet visit, she said his ears were swollen inside, and that's why he has the anti-inflammatory. Also, his ears are very "squishy" when you rub them. If the BPET is not what caused the inflammation I would like to try it again, any advice. Thanks. Drool for all in need, as we have an abundance of it.

Kea McKnight with Abby and Copper.