[Dailydrool] Thrombopathia and Von Willebrand’s Disease

Jessica Mackey jesslyn714 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:52:12 PDT 2009

I was curious if anyone has experienced either of these disorders and what the signs and symptoms could be. My Basset Maggie has had diarrhea with a small amount of blood in it and today a red patch showed up on her belly, near her back leg (it looks like blood under the skin but I have not seen her scratching this area or anything). I am very worried about her. She is around 6 years old with no history of this that we know of. (We adopted her from the pound in May of 2008).  I am making her rice and boiled chicken breast and she still has her appetite. Any help would be appreciated! What should I do?

Thank you,

Jessica and Maggie Mae