[Dailydrool] (no subject)

cara witkowski cara_witkowski at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 16:39:18 PDT 2009

Regarding Celine's issues with the allergies:  I am fostering a 7 year old female who came to me with severe allergies, much as you described.  Benadryl every 4-6 hours helps the symptoms, but not the cause.  She was found to have both yeast infection and bacterial infection since it had gone on so long.  To treat the infections she is on medication from the vet for the next month, but she thought it was a food allergy and thinks it is corn, wheat, beef or chicken in that order.  Am ruling out corn and wheat by using a food that has neither (Newman's Own).  It also has probiotics in it which can aid with the yeast infection.  Have read that adding a couple spoonfuls of plain yogurt also can help with yeast infections, She also suggested using an oatmeal shampoo.  We have been treating and using the new food for a week now and it seems to be much less red and she is definitely barely scratching herself anymore, so hope she is on the road to recovery.
 Good luck.  Cara