[Dailydrool] Eating Cicadas

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 20:26:34 PDT 2009

Sharon - This is my question of the day.? Does anyone else have a cicada eater??

OMDog!? I am sure LaVerne would eat cicadas if we had any because she eats every other bug and all sorts of other things!? Today I found her chasing a mini toad in the yard (about the size of my thumbnail) - I was able to save him but I am sure she has found others since they seem to?be everywhere in our yard these days!? She chases bees, ants and so far thankfully she has not discovered the mole holes yet (think the moles have all packed up and left however)!

LaVerne is the one that swallowed an old library table slider - 1/2 round piece of metal with a nail through it...Lucky LaVerne passed it without incident - we were extremely fortunate that it didn't puncture anything so I am always watching what she is chewing!

Emily & the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, Trixie, LaVerne and Princess