[Dailydrool] Cicada Eating

Cheryl McKinney spudmckinney at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 08:51:54 PDT 2009

I just had to write in regarding the owner who has a Cicada eating houndie to tell you that I too have that.  I lived in Cincinnati and a few years ago we had a swarm of them.  The name of my female Bassett is Tator Tot, but that summer when she went around eating the Cicadas out of the yard like candy, we nicknamed her "Cicader Tator".  It was so funny watching her hunt for them and crunch them up like a cookie!  I was also worried about the impact on her stomach but thank God she didn't even get a little sick.  We still call her "Cicader Tator" sometimes and she will still wiggle all over when she hears it.