[Dailydrool] Rescue giving away Sr & special needs bassets

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:51:09 PDT 2009

I adopted a special needs basset from Puget Sound Basset Rescue 1yr
ago.  Spencer.  He was tortured & abused, but physically healthy.  I
knew I could help this guy so I paid the adoption fee with no
hesitation.  I knew that no matter what, he would have a better life.
We've worked thru TONS of aggression/fear issues (that's when Cujo
shows up!) but he's doing wonderful & is my smooshie boy. (81lbs)
Occassionally, when he's exceptionally awful, I tell him "Honey, it's
not too late to take you back." <g>

In Dec. my Natasha (a rescue & 9 when I got her) went to the bridge &
in February I fostered Sara Sue (9yr old) & Hal (youngster, worse case
of demodectic mange I've ever seen).  I love the older ones & Sara has
her own issues (neglect) but is now running the house.  Hal has most
of his hair back, but still has his microscopic friends.

I have spent more money on their vet visits (Hal goes every other week
for acupuncture for his skin) & meds for them, when I could've paid
for a healthy dog.  But I don't care.  The only way PSBR will get them
back is to pry my cold dead hands off of them!  Besides, I would
happily pay the adoption fee too.  It's only money.  I will make more.
 :)  I knew I could help them, I had to.  I get WAY more from them
than they ask of me.

Vikki totally devoted slave of all things to:
Spencer/Cujo, Sassy Sara Suzy/Hitlerette, Hal E. Bear/Gator
Sebastian atb, Natasha atb