[Dailydrool] Pee paddling and more

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Thu Jun 4 09:19:46 PDT 2009

Yep, Rolph is another one who treads in his pee and walks it on - maybe it's a boy thing. However, it is Clara who will pee on top of his mark. It always reminds me of the scrawl you see in some grotty public loos - "Kilroy woz here" and then, underneath, "So woz I"

Neither of them sit to pee, but Clara does sit while she eats her food. I have no idea why, as she is so long I would have thought it made it harder!

And on the subject of adoption fees: Rolph was a "hard to place" dog. He had been in the kennel for more than six months. They asked £80 for him, but he wasn't altered or up to date with his shots. Neither of these things was mentioned - I could see one, and asked about the other. There was no contract, no home visit and no requirement to have him 'done'.

Clara was on season when I adopted her from Basset Hound Welfare. I gave a £50 adoption fee, which is very low, but agreed to pay for her to be altered -  a fact I was asked to prove within six months.

I have also been told in the past that the fee for a senior hound I was thinking of adopting from a pound would be waived "if that would make a difference". As it happened, someone adopted her and her brother before I got there. LOL

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK