[Dailydrool] Bassets as therapy dogs

LYNN and LINDA FERRELL ldferrell at msn.com
Fri Jun 5 07:16:02 PDT 2009

Our basset Zoey is a therapy dog, registered through TDIA. She loved obedience school and had no problems with passing the test for being a therapy dog, actually much sooner than we thought she would. She was used to visiting my parents in a retirement community and was pretty unphased by wheelchairs, etc. (she has learned that they can be the source of some good food tidbits - but we digress...)

Zoey and her dad have accumulated over 150 therapy dog visits and have their TDIAOV  (Therapy Dogs International Active Outstanding Volunteer) certificate. Just a little brag!

Go for it - bassets are great therapy dogs and people love to see those sweet faces and velvety ears.

Linda