[Dailydrool] WMBRI Basset Rescue begging for help again

chris bly howl4basset at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 13:50:44 PDT 2009

I know you all must be getting tired of us begging for help every so often but Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc. wmbri.org just recieved five new Bassets, 3 owner surrenders and 2 from the pound and all need vetted. As you all know Jim our president lost his job last year and had to take a job that barely keeps us going. Each time we get a new hound we have to worry how we will  pay the vet bills to get them UTD on shots and spayed or neutered. We tried going to a low cost spay and neuter facility to save money on the last dog we got into rescue, and the dog almost died from the allergic reaction he had from the stitches they used and it ended up costing us over $600.00 to get him back on his feet. We still have not been able to completely pay that bill off and now we have five more dogs each needing at least $200.00 worth of vet care. One is seriously dehydrated and is vomiting and having diarrhea we had her poop tested and we are treating her
 for whip worms but we think she will need IV antibiotics and fluids to get her well. It seems odd to me shelters never notice some of the dogs are sick and vomiting before they send them to rescue. Especially since they get funding from the city and a few meds could help tremendously. We have no where to go for help except our friends and fellow Basset lovers. If you can make a small donation we would surely appreciate it. We have a Pay Pal button on our website at wmbri.org and thank you all for listening.