[Dailydrool] Zeke's adventures in flight

tomanddeb at tznet.com tomanddeb at tznet.com
Mon Jun 8 19:28:24 PDT 2009

I let Zeke (one of our Masterpiece Male Bassets) out as usual this morning at the crack of dawn and was looking forward to a liesurely cup of coffee since it was my day off. I heard a bunch of noise and looked out to check. There was Zeke molesting a baby bird that must of just started it's flying lessons. I called him in and it was good that it was him because the other's don't listen as well. He came in and I asked the DH to go let the bird out of the dog area. He took a few steps out and said he couldn't due to too many land mines. SO out I go in my flannel nightie and a jean jacket as DH turns to me and says "If that bird flys up your skirt you are in for a rude awakening" Hmmmmmm A rude awakening, I thought that was what this was! Thanks for letting me take THAT visual image with me. Armed with the poop shovel and determination only a basset owner could possess, I gently escorted the frightened little birdie out of the dog area. The poor thing was soo frightened,it toddled out of there like the roadrunner. I think the rest of the hounds may have inhaled some of the cedar chips from sniffing every place it had been back there however. "BIRD, DID WE MISS SEEING A BIRD???"    Debbie and the Masterpiece Bassets