[Dailydrool] Miss Daisy and the Kid, Floors, Brudder Elwood's "for Sale" note

L.K. Metzler toppogigio at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 11:51:02 PDT 2009

I'm catching up on Drools from last week, and had a couple of comments on some posts...

Miss Daisy:  I think your Mama needs to add a "doggie clause" to her contract with parents for the day care....something that lets those parents know that doggies live in the house, and that while Mama will keep them separated from the "urchins", the "urchins" need to be able to tell Mama and their Mama and Daddy why they should NOT be bothering the doggies.  Those Mamas and Daddies need to know that their little "urchins" know and can follow the rules, but also what the consequences of not following the rules might be.  Further, if Mama has to produce vet records to prove that YOU are healthy, the "urchins" parents ought to have to do the same.  I'd be more worried about the kid biting the dog than the dog biting the kid.

New Floors:  Hmmm....  We have hardwood floors in the houndie-accessible parts of the house (and actually beyond), and while they are fairly easy to care for, we have had some issues with them staining because of "accidents".  We do have a few small area rugs down, and the doggie pillows all rest on rubber non-skid rug mats for safety.  But, a year ago April 12, Pelly and Jasmine were running a particularly boisterous Basset 500 through the family room and around the couch and Pelly had an accident. He slipped on the bare flooring.  His front end went one direction and his rear end skidded in another, and the next thing we knew, he'd ruptured a disc in his back.  We were fortunate enough to get him to our vet who then sent us on to a specialty vet/surgeon, and he has finally regained the use of his back legs, but he is not nor ever will be 100%.   I don't know if a different kind of flooring would have made a difference, but I think the next time
 we put flooring down, it will have some kind of non-skid texture to it, and it will certainly be stain-resistant.

Brudder Elwood:  You just send Elder Clara to our house.  She and Miss Jasmine can compare notes on what to do about knot-headed Brudders, as I am sure Jazzy has several new and interesting ideas.  I believe one of them had to do with a very small box with few air holes and a slow boat to Bolivia on a one-way/no return ticket.....  Of course, you'd be traveling with JoJo the Annoyingly Noisy Amazon Parrot in that same box--we only want to pay for one ticket.

Drool to all in need!!!

Lisa Metzler
Penelope, Jasmine, Pelly, and Addie-Lou Roo the Baby Kangaroo-Basset-Termite

L.K. Metzler
San Marcos, TX   toppogigio at yahoo.com     "A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum     "If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." -- Andy Rooney