[Dailydrool] redneck bath

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Wed Jun 10 12:48:31 PDT 2009

for those intrigued with the redneck bath, who dislike breaking thier
backs bending over the tub and balk at spending a couple of hundred bucks
for a Booster Bath, let me describe the inexpensive alternative
invented by a freind of mine.  Cost a fraction of the cost of a BB
and works great - I've used it!.

Required items:
Laundry tub installed in area with floor drain
2 sawhorses
drain fitting and a chuck of rubber hose
a garden hose
screw-on shower attachment for the hose, preferably one with an on/off
lever at the shower head
a shower curtain
a plastic stock
waterer, available at farm supply stores.  Or you may be able to get
a used one from a farmer.  I suspect an old bathtub could also be
used (the size from moblile homes is great)
I minimal amount of
mechanical ability

Set up sawhorses near floor drain but out of
the way so you can leave the bathing station up all the time.
set
stock waterer on the sawhorses.  It should be pretty sturdy and
stable. put a little something under one end to raise it up just a tad so
it drains in one direction
attach drain kit to bottom at
"low" end and attach chuck of garden hose to drain.  Be
sure there is enough to reach floor drain
Attach garden hose to
laundry tub faucet.  If you have 2 faucets, one for hot and one for
cold, you will need a connector thingy so you can get both hot and cold
mixed in one hose.  Be sure hose reaches to tub with a bit to
spare.
Hang shower curtain above tub so it hangs just behind the far
side of the tub and can be tucked into the tub as a
back-splash.
You might want to put a hook soemwhere to
connect a tether, or you can buy tethers for tubs that have a big suction
cup

When I used this set-up, I actually liked it better than
the commercial booster bath

Happy Bathing!!

crazy
basset lady