[Dailydrool] The advantages of washing the dogs in the house

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 18:36:37 PDT 2009

Today both the hounds got baths. I administer dog shampoos in our house--in the tub, both dogs at once, using the hose/shower/spray attachment. I have a bad back too, so I only get down once and up once. The advantage for me of doing this is I get the floors in the house done as a side benefit. First, I shut the door to the bathroom and trap us all in there. By the time everyone is done shaking and slopping, there's lots of soapy and clean water on the floor. After I've toweled off the boys, I let them out of the bathroom and proceed to mop up the bathroom floor with their towels, moving the towels around with my feet. Meanwhile, the hounds are continuing to dry themselves off on the carpeting in the livingroom, rolling around a soaking up the dirt on the rug. I think dog shampoo days is the main floor-cleaning occasion in this house. My mother would roll over in her grave if she knew.