[Dailydrool] Puppy Tales

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Thu Jun 11 19:50:34 PDT 2009

Dazzle's puppies are almost 13 weeks old and into EVERYthing. I call them "the wild bunch" and I think they'll all be future applicants for OEBE. They are chew, chew, chewing on all sorts of stuff so I decided to buy them all puppy nylabones today when I went shopping. The package said just right for teething puppies to chew. That's them all right. When I got home I removed them from the package and gave each of the puppies one and put them outside in their play area so I could get the groceries inside and put away without tripping over them or being bit on the ankles or toes. Note to self: Don't wear sandals when the puppies are loose in the kitchen. Ouch! those teeth are sharp!
I go about my task and then sat down at the table to check out today's mail. In a few minutes, all three are whining so I go check on them and the three of them are sitting lined up next to the water bucket. No nylabones in sight! Where could they ...oh no... they couldn't possibly have eaten them! OMG! I'm not in semi-panic mode. I get one of the packages out of the trash to see if theiy were edible. Nope so I get all three in the house. Look them over, check down their throats, feel their tummies, etc. By now, they think I'm nuts and just want their cookies for coming in the house like good buppies. I get the phone to call my vet and decide to go out to check the pen one more time for the nylabones. Don't see them anywhere! On my way out of the pen, I decide to bring in the water bucket to clean and refill. I look into the bucket of water and in the bottom are the three nylabones! They were whining at me because they wanted me to come get their bones out of the water bucket for them. They were very excited to get their bones back when I got inside.

Jaqcie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets