[Dailydrool] Lurker needs advice

Paula Jenkins pljenkins at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 12:29:56 PDT 2009

I am a dedicated lurker and I am turning to fellow droolers before I run this by my DH.  Gus our 9 year old basset has started peeing in the house (on the wood floor).  He used to do it very rarely if we were not at home after a long period of time, but now he seems to be doing it even when we are home.  The other change I have noticed is that when he is let out in the back yard, instead of going on the grass he pees on the deck.  We never discouraged this as he was outside.  Could he 'thinking' he is outside?  If I stop him peeing on the deck do you think that would work?

Thanks so much.

Paula in Maryland