[Dailydrool] stuff, WInston Burfday, and Otis's Eyes

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Wed Jun 24 09:48:17 PDT 2009

Condolences on Grandma Sara's passing; a good life well lived is well
grieved. Hope SarahJane Basset continues to recover well..
Calypso: Happy Burfday! Wow, 13! Excellent. Also Ru and Izzy having
bdays! Happy days.

And yesterday was our foster Winston's TENTH birthday. We had to
ignore him much of the day, because I was (far away) with Otis at the
ophthalmologist.
Otis is at least not hurting, and the pressure in both eyes is down/in
good ranges. But he has only limited vision in his right eye, despite
a "beautiful" looking optic nerve. He is therefore no longer a
candidate for any of the prophylactic options. I learned a lot about
basset inner-eye-fluid membranes and filtering mechanisms.
For now Otis has maintenance drops, and we ask for drool and PRAYERS
that he stay okay as long as possible. The odds are not with us, but I
will do everything for him I can. My own pressures have stayed okay
for 7 years since my own glaucoma diagnosis; why can't his?!
There is reason for us to have good hope, and I am relieved that he
seems not to be hurting. He's still not rambunctious, though; but I
guess that is to be expected. WHo would have thought I would MISS
having him tearing up the place?
WInston got a LARGE dose of full-body massage, serenading, romping
with pink-squeaky-pig-toy, and vanilla ice cream (1 scoop, please) for
all 3 hounds to celebrate when we got home.
Happy Burfday Winston. You might never get adopted, but we will never
stop loving you.
Linda, with Otis, Nelly, and WinstonC