[Dailydrool] how NOT to start the day

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Wed Jun 24 09:22:42 PDT 2009

Sigh...the poor beleaguered blondeslave here.  I should have had plenty of time this morning.  Popped out of bed fully awake at 4:15am.  Throw on workout clothes and head down stairs.  Miss stepping in lake Huggie Bear on my way to put the workout dvd in.  Clean up lake Huggie Bear as dvd is loading-still okay on time since I'm doing 2 workouts this morning.  Okay, finished the 45 minute cardio workout-on to the 30-no wait 40 minute strength training workout.  It's still okay, I got up 15 minutes early.  All done, now standing in a puddle of my own-it was hot in the house this morning.  Alright, run to the showers-it's 5:45-maybe Moosie Bear won't notice breakfast is 15 minutes late.  By the time I get out of the shower and throw on my clothes for work Moosie is bellowing for his breakfast from the depths of the family room.  Ah, there goes Clyde joining in.  He sounds kind of like an engine revving up to start and then moves to the mournful wo, wo, wo, wo.  So the Pw. gets off the couch and heads to the bottom of the stairs to remind me loudly that breakfast is late.  I head to the kitchen to prepare the bowls serenaded all the while.  I feed the girls in their accustomed places upstairs and head to the family room to give the boys their bowls.  I walk through the gate and give Moosie his bowl.  I started towards Clyde's crate to deliver his bowl totally missing Moosie's puddle no doubt indicating his displeasure that his food was late.  I slide in the puddle and Clyde's breakfast goes flying.  Ooh basset crap!!!  Moosie is now finished with his bowl and starts cleaning up Clyde's breakfast from various spots on the family room floor while I race upstairs to A.  Get more food for Clyde B.  Get the girls downstairs so they can go outside.  Finally everyone has had breakfast and I am letting the hounds out in their accustomed order while I clean up the yard.  I still have to finish getting ready for work.  Okay, everyone but Clyde is back inside and he's piddling around.  Time is running short so I decide to leave him outside and finish getting ready.  I finish makeup and hair and head to the kitchen to put my breakfast and lunch in the bag, pick up my keys and purse and head to the car.  I have the nagging feeling I'm forgetting something.  I throw my bags in the car and just as I start to get in I hear, wo, wo, wo, wo from the backyard.  OMG I forgot to let Clyde back in.  I run into the house and into the family room to see the saddest face ever looking at me though the sliding glass doors(in my defense he always looks sad).  Anyway, I ran to let him in, gave him a WHOLE cookie and a cuddle and headed back outside to the car.