[Dailydrool] mouse traps

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:28:21 PDT 2009

.......so I was not going to tell you but now I gotta!  We have a pretty funny sticky trap tale from many years ago.

We had some mousies in California and I was afraid they were ratties so we got some BIG sticky traps.  We pushed them under the stove and behind the fridge to hopefully get the rodents but spare the dogs.  Well the next morning we found a trap in the middle of the kitchen with only a LONG rat tail attached - YUCK - so we put them out again the next night.

With our doggie door we could usually listen for the ker-flap opening and closing to know that the dogs had gone out and come back in again - I think we just had 2 Bassets then - Winnie (now ATB) and Charles who is almost 15 and still with us!  So the sticky traps were under the stove and behind the fridge - remember - I digress!  In the middle of the night we hear 'KER-STOMP, KER-STOMP, KER-STOMP' and the peace-loving Mom that I am - I whispered for the Colonel (then just the Major, I think!) to GET A GUN AND SEE WHO HAS INVADED OUR HOME!  We tip toe downstairs - Rick with a shotgun and me with a flashlight and TURN ON THE LIGHTS!  What do we find?  A Basset girl with a big rat sticky trap stuck to one foot!  Guess the peanut butter bait we had used was to  much for Winnie to resist but I still think a smart rodent got half the peanut butter and dragged the trap out to catch the Basset!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me