[Dailydrool] Angel turned WildChild

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:11:50 PDT 2009

Cowboy is almost 3 (Aug 10) and has always been my total angel basset. While
he has participated in Rotten Rupert's antics, he never initiates trouble
except for maybe humping. Well it seems the little so-called Angel is
turning more devlish as he ages...or maybe Rotten Ru is wearing off on him.
My angel who always sits back when we come and go has jetted off twice in
the past two days when given the oppurtunity. And doesnt even look back as I
scream his name...

When I come home from work the boys are often sitting by the fence watching
other dogs pass as they wait for mama. When I come home and open the garage
door to pull in, they always run out and hop in the car to ride into the
garage with me. But on Weds Cowboy just ran out the garage and kept on
running. Rupert was looking around clueless, like "hey, whats going on, i
thought we were just hopping in the car?!" So I pull in quickly, let Ru out
and go running down the sidewalk in high heels trying to catch Cowboy. He
went about 6 houses down, where another dog was walking, Cow must've seen
him walk by before I'd pulled up.

Then the very next day James' dad was doing yardwork out front and let both
boys out with him where they are ALWAYS fine and just mosey around on the
front lawn watching the world go by. Well again out of nowhere Cowboy jetts
off, this time about 5 houses down where a dog was walking towards our home.
Again Rupert just sat there, knowing full well CB would be in deep doodoo.
He does stay on the sidewalk so thats good but I just cannot believe
that he's becoming less well behaved as he ages...Oh the horror! as I think
about possibly having two OEBE's....

Kacy with
Cowboy the fugitive and Rotten Rupert, OEBE's ragmatical regisseur of random
acts of rebellion

Cow: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/531112
Ru: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/799430