[Dailydrool] Otis

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Sat Jun 27 16:27:42 PDT 2009

This morning we were all set to take the dogs up to the lake with us,
what FUN. Otis looked up, wagging, on our way out the door. His right
third eyelid was up --just for a second.
We decided to take care of a couple little chores at home first. We
looked again. Up now. Pink. He was a bit squinting.
11 am. I call the vet. She calls right back: he should go straight to
the ophthal. I call the ophthal (referral hospital) -- he is not there
on weekends, of course, but bring him in, they'll "page him if Otis
needs a 'procedure'."
So we drive another hour plus. By now both Otis's eyes look bad. I
have dosed him extra on drops.
A nice ER vet saw him. She tried to get his pressures back down with
more 5-minute drops. It worked mostly. He can't see anymore from his
right eye. She sent us home with pain meds and more drops to try to
make it to Monday, when he will most likely have to have his eye
injected with the antibiotic that kills the inner fluid production.
Meanwhile his LEFT eye now seems a bit off too. They said there was no
spill-over, not to worry. But my stomach is in knots.
Please pray for Otis.
Thank you.
Linda, with O and also Nelly and FosterWinston