[Dailydrool] Houndsbay Thanks, 2 Snrs Update?, Kroozer, Pelly, Elmo, Mango & UK HEATWAVE

stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 28 05:51:23 PDT 2009

First of all, a big thank you to kind droolers Mary Terry and Barbara Sorensen who bid high to raise money for Western Missouri Rescue, in order to get the vintage basset book and Hush Puppies cross-stitch* (*Barb, if you are reading this, can't wait for you to start one of the patterns, they are adorable!)  I am also delighted to have won the Bassetlopes picture on Houndsbay kindly auctioned by Jenna for Georgia rescue.  I haven't told dadslave yet that it is on its way - he will just roll his eyes at more basset stuff entering the house!

Judith, that is fabulous of you to offer money for helping the 2 seniors - we hope there is an update on them soon.

Pam, we are so happy to hear about Kroozer - and congratulations Laura on your new little man who is coming to stay with you!

Pelly you were incredibly brave with 12 cysts being found - Lisa, we need to have a picture of this boy!

Barbara, we send hugs to Elmo.  Pumbaa ATB also had a heart murmur but it never bothered  him so I am afraid I am no help,but will be interested in what the droolers suggest.  We send hugs to Elmo.

Synthia, you have done a grand job with Mango,  how pwiddy is she!!  I couldn't help but smile at her list of treatments - colonic irrigation, laser treatment - why, these are treatments that would make Miss Angela Basset proud!  Hugs to Mango.

Finally, its a heatwave here in UK - though I feel bad saying this as I know by US standards its probably just a touch warm.  Its around 27C today and this week is meant to be reaching about 32F at some point.  I am not a heat lover and neither is Morse, so we are having early walks between 5-7am and late strolls after 9pm.  Morse looks most indignant at such rude interruptions to his day, but it has to be done.

Snooters to all and drool to all in need -

Becky (ten degrees lower please!), Morse (don't even look my way until at least 8am) and Pumbaa ATB (heat = barbecues, barbecues = sausages :-)   )