[Dailydrool] Misc. and questions about basset coloring

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 28 20:24:32 PDT 2009

Kacy, Rupert with the pig nose is adorable--he's all set for next Hallowe'en. My two would have that nose off in two seconds and the nose eaten in three. Marlene, now you've softened up hubby--good luck next time. Evil Annie could use some competition. Synthia, what is a "blue" basset hound? I can't imagine (though I can certainly imagine a depressed one, if that is what is meant).

Speaking of coloring--what is the difference between a red-and-white basset with white hairs all through the red spots; and a "lemon" basset? Is it a matter of degree? As my two (I presume red-and-white) boys age, they are turning more and more white. By age one, Bo's muzzle had gone from red to white, and now at age 6, both hounds have white flecks everywhere. On lemons, is the base color tan instead of red, or...? Val, Bo, and Harley