[Dailydrool] keeping kibble fresh

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Mon Jun 29 06:59:16 PDT 2009

At our house we go through about 100 pounds of kibble a week, give or
take.  It is stored in the bags on a specially built shelf in the
kennel with bar bait tucked between the bags until a bag is opened.
Open food is kept in metal garbage cans.  the one in the kennel holds
2  50# bags with room to spare.  A smaller one in the kitchen
for the househounds holds about 25#.   We also have a couple of
the stacking plastic food bins that hold about 40# each that we use for
anna's corn-free kibble and any puppy chow or other special food in
use.  We have never had kibble go bad or get buggy and we only had
trouble with mousies before we got the bar bait.  Before we got the
galvanized garbage cans we used plastic ones which worked fine for us
despite the fact that they were not food grade plastic.  However,
eventually, a very persistant rodential being chewed through the
plastic.

Now if someone could make a sizeable container
otterhound-proof.........

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT
WAR

Please take time to visit these websites:
Rebec
Bassets at
www.rebecbassets.com
Basset Buddies Rescue, Inc. at