[Dailydrool] Seizure Question

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Mon Jun 29 19:18:20 PDT 2009

I think Arthur had a seizure this afternoon.  Right in the middle of his dinner he flipped over on his back, and his whole body was shaking uncontrollably.  He rolled to one side then the other and after about 10 seconds he tried to get up and his hind end was dragging.  I rushed him to the doctor and the doc thought he got a piece of kibble caught in his throat and couldn't breathe.  I then asked him why would his hind end be dragging then.  Now that I think about it, Carl said Arthur had fallen off the bed a couple of weeks ago, and that when he tried to get up he was kind of disoriented, but thought it was because of the fall.  I'm thinking he had a seizure then, too, and the shaking is what caused him to fall off the bed.  He has been on antiobiotics because his protein is low.  Can all this be related?  Ann