[Dailydrool] Foster homes needed in MN, Basset Fest coming soon!

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Tue Jun 30 20:53:05 PDT 2009

Actually I think you could substitute just about any state in the US for MN
but I am going for my target audience.  Basset Buddies Rescue needs foster
homes in MN (and in WI and northern IL too!)  We have 80 bassets in foster
care, a long waiting list and relinquishment phone calls coming in daily.
Everyone is facing this struggle but if you live in BBR territory (MN, WI
and northern IL) we need you.  Please go on our website and fill out a
foster application.  We have puppies, seniors, pairs, middle-aged, medically
needy- just about any kind of basset you could imagine looking for a nice
foster home.  Another option to consider is being a respite foster home.
Occasionally (perish the thought) some of our foster homes think they should
be able to take a vacation where they can't take their foster or fosters
with.  If you are worried about being hit with foster failure, respite
fostering is a very safe option.  You just volunteer for the week or two the
regular foster home is out of town.  It is a huge help!  You are welcome to
email me if you have questions.

Now for the fun part.  Basset Fest is coming, less than 2 months away.  Come
to scenic Muskego WI.  Your bassets will play all weekend in the free basset
zone; they can ride in the parade if they want on Sunday or just relax at
the park.  Lots of food, fun, friendship, auctions and bassets!  August 22 &
23.

Lisa and the MN Woofers,

Ella Marie, Sidney Hank

www.bbrescue.org <http://www.bbrescue.org/>