[Dailydrool] ELEANOR

Marty Needham martyd70 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:47:09 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,
Well last Friday we picked up our first foster.She was being called Fern but
to us she is Eleanor(Ela).Of course shes a beautiful little girl.She was
found as a stray so they just guessed at her age by checking her teeth.She
is smaller than Jeff and Trudy at that age.She only weighs 32 pounds and
they say  shes one and half to two.She sure seems more puppy than
that.Luckily all her tests came back negative.The introduction to the other
for dogs went very well,she shows no temper at all,thank goodness.My little
cocker just wants to play.She doesn't seem to be house trained but is doing
pretty well so far,only a few accidents in the house.I thought that was
pretty good considering all the rain we have had.Hazel won't put her
delicate butt outside if its rain. and the rest will stand out in the
pouring rain.

Any suggestions on how to get some weight on her?She eats well,doesn't seem
to matter what I give her.You can see all her ribs and hip bones.She does
have an ear infection that is being treated and shes really itchy,but no
bugs and no redness.Hopefully she doesn't have any allergies,oh yeah,she
sneezes all the time,no runny nose,no fever,just sneezing.Do I sound like a
over the top foster mom?

She is really hooked on my DH,will comes when he calls her,but only comes to
me when I have a bowl of food.She only understands the word sit if spoken in
Spanish,I don't know any Spanish.When we got Trudy she only knew
Polish,having come from Poland.

Well snooters to all

Marty,mom to Jeff,Trudy,Mason,Hazel,Eleanor and the 5 cats