[Dailydrool] Osteo-Arthritis

csdempsey at charter.net csdempsey at charter.net
Mon Mar 23 05:54:54 PDT 2009

Debi, our boy Beau was diagnosed with degenerative joint disease a couple of months ago.  He has had problems with arthritis all of his life, he has curvature of the spine, etc.  The vet put him on Dausequin and Deramaxx.  In the beginning he was also on Tramadol for the pain, but has since been able to function without the Tramadol.  I think the Dausequin is wonderful, I can tell a big difference between it and other glucosamine/chroindroitin supplements on the market.  You may want to ask your vet about it?  I also supplment with a holistic med, Drynaria.

I always have to laugh when the vet tells me to keep the bassets from running, jumping, etc.  My vet also has a basset, he should know better than to even suggest such a thing.  The basset 500 is a nightly ritual.  I believe that we should all live our lives doing the things that bring us happiness and joy, bassets are no different.  Life is too short.