[Dailydrool] March 1st Calendar hounds

GGrf232 at aol.com GGrf232 at aol.com
Sun Mar 1 04:17:48 PST 2009

Say Hello to today's calendar hounds Dylan &  Poppy. They are both 11 1/2
years old and have been with us for seven  years.
Dylan came to us because his previous people said he  had become too
assertive, they were correct but we eventually reached an  acceptable compromise and
he is now the most loveable and good natured dog we  have ever had.

 Poppy as  most of you will know had a very bad start in life as a breed
bitch in a puppy  farm (Mill), she had eight litters before she was five years
old. Three years  ago she was diagnosed with inoperable ulcerated tumours on most
of her organs  and was sent home to have TLC for her remaining few weeks.
That she is still  here and going strong is a tribute to the oceans of Drool she
received and to  the fact that Vets are not always right.
Poppy earned her Queen title after winning Best Rescue  Bitch at the 2004 BHC
(UK) Fun Day in 2004: she did this again in 2008 the only  hound ever to win
the title twice.
They have just returned from their morning walk which  these days is a quiet
amble whilst they renew acquaintance with every blade of  grass on their patch.

Terry, Dilys plus DYLAN &  POPPY

Wilbarston      England