[Dailydrool] Bassets and Balls

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Sun Mar 1 06:05:39 PST 2009

This current thread of Bassets and balls reminds me of our first "basset", Maggie. She was a mix, a cross between a basset and a German shepherd. We lived in a townhouse development, and we would walk her every evening after work. Our route took us by the tennis courts, and most evenings, Maggie would be walking along and would plunge her nose into a bush and come out with a tennis ball that had been lobbed over the fence and lost by some poor player. We literally had buckets full of tennis balls!  We kept a basket-full on the fireplace hearth, and Maggie's favorite game with them was to knock the basket over and have them roll all over the living room.  Then Mom and Dad would fetch them and put them all back in the basket.  Smart dog, that one!

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah and Frank the Tank